Quick, delicious...kind-of-healthy, and SO good looking!. I'm busy with work...but this only takes 20 minutes to make!.
Run to the supermarket and make one yourself :). Here is how to make it:
Best Chocolate you can afford (I used Callebut this time, but any Supermarket bought brand would work fine)
Light corn syrup
1. Thoroughly wash your fresh strawberries. Shake excess water and set over kitchen towel, a. Pat dry each individual strawberry, paying special attention to water retained on leaves.
2. Place dry strawberries on a container and place in a refrigerator until they are cold to the touch.
3. Melt chocolate on a double boiler. Add 1 tablespoon of warm light corn syrup to melted chocolate if desired, for extra shine (I didn't have corn syrup, that is why mine look matte)
4. Spray a thin layer of Oil to a rounded container.
5. Place a layer of plastic wrap on the inside of the rounded container previously sprayed with oil.
6. Brake pretzel sticks in random sections.
7. Place melted chocolate on a bowl. Add broken pretzel sticks and mix with a spoon or with your clean hands, until pretzels are almost covered.
8. Layer chocolate dipped pretzels inside (plastic wrapped) container following its shape. Use smaller pieces of pretzels to follow the curve of the bowl.
9. Place Container in refrigerator, until chocolate pretzel nest is completely hard.
10. Carefully unmold pretzel nest. You may need to slightly warn the bottom of the container if the nest is stuck to the container.
11. Take cold strawberries and dip on melted chocolate. Drip excess chocolate and place strawberries over waxed paper over a cookie tray.
12. Refrigerate dipped strawberries if desired.
13. Place strawberries inside nest...and enjoy!
This recipe saved my Valentines, because I'm busy as can be!...Hope you surprise your special loved ones with this recipe too!
A few hours later...and to proof that this confection was a total Hit...
Our Craftsy class " Make-ahead techniques for stunning cakes" is LIVE!
Hello, My name is Ileana Saldivia. Venezuelan born and adopted daughter of Cincinnati, OH, where I reside with my husband and kids. I'm an Architect by trade and a professional baker. I created this Sugar Realm all for myself, and now, I share it with you! It's like my third child, and it makes me IMMENSELY happy. Thank you for being part of my sugar kingdom.